IGGC Missions Ministry was launched on Dec 31, 2014 during the watch night service.
To invite others to come unto Christ by serving & supporting Christian missions.
Oversees the missions ministry, supports committee & keeps minutes
Maintain regular communication with the missionary for a strong link with the field & regularly share on missionary & field’s situation.
Maintains missions budget, produces financial statements & processes disbursements
- Committee Members & Project Leads
Handles projects & other missions related work.
– Arts, Crafts & Music
– Prayer, Publicity & Communication
– Young People Mission Discipleship
- To support work (starting with Suong) & other missions work approved by church leadership
- To increase assembly awareness of missions work & encourage direct/indirect participation
- To encourage participation & seek church leadership approval for STM teams
Missions Committee Guideline
Committee members need to have heart to invite others to Christ and joy to serve missions in any capacity. The missions committee will have a wide variety of responsibilities and thus require a diverse set of skills, gifts and experience.
Committee members should:-
- Practice a faithful, personal relationship with Christ & committed to prayer
- Consider missions as important & desire to serve in missions
- Be willing & able to serve as a missions project leader or subcommittee as called
- Understand & support the policies of the church’s missions ministry
- Commit to meet & participate on missions committee meetings & prayer meetings
STM Members Guideline
Short Term Missions (STM) members grow personally & through sharing challenge those at home to grow. A STM would be from a minimum of 1 week with possibility of longer term missions. A STM member does not need to have previous mission experience but have a desire to learn more about missions & undergo training.
STM members should:-
- Be a believer aged 18 above, mature in thinking & in good standing with the local church
- Be in overall good health condition & able to withstand harsh weather & living conditions
- Be willing to serve humbly in any capacity required by the mission
- Be willing to pray for the mission before, during and after
- Understand & agree to abide by policies set by church, missionaries, GOWW, STM team
- STM Team Members
- Missions Volunteer Partners
– Projects partners
– Prayer partners
– Love givers to Missions Fund
- Funds Allocation
– Books, stationary & teaching materials
– Supporting equipment
– Travelling expenses (full/partial)
– Other necessary items required by missionaries/mission
Key Roles & Projects
- Arts, Crafts & Music Compilation Reference
- Arts & crafts selling to support local believers
- Games, Sports & Teambuilding Compilation Reference
- Prayer, Publicity & Communication with Congregation
- Young People Mission Discipleship