The below is an excerpt On Character in Action taken from The Character of the Christian which is part of the reference materials used for the STM (Missions Trip) 2015.
“When God wants to drill a man
And thrill a man
And skill a man,
When God wants to mold a man
To play the noblest part;
When He yearns with all His heart
To create so great & bold a man
That all the world shall be amazed,
Watch His methods, watch His ways!
How He ruthlessly perfects
Whom He royally elects!
How He hammers him & hurts him,
And with mighty blows coverts him
Into trial shapes of clay which
Only God understands;
While his tortured heart is crying
And he lifts beseeching hands!
How He bends but never breaks
When his good He undertakes;
How He uses whom He chooses
And with every purpose fuses him;
By every act induces him
To try His splendour out –
God knows what He is about!”
Help shape believers lives & allow yourself to be shaped by God!
The cost? a worthwhile inconvenience of serving for 10 days
Note: Required leave days if you’re working a 5day work-week: 6days
Today is IGGC’s 45th Anniversary. We can praise and thank the Lord for His wonderful grace and mercy. God bless.
Combined Penang Assemblies Easter Conference
- Venue : BRGH
- Speaker: Mr. Wong Chong Wah
- 3rd April 2015 – Good Friday 8.00pm
- 4th April 2015 – Saturday 7.30pm
- 5th April 2015 – Easter Sunday 6.30pm (Baptismal Service)
Missions Evening at BRGH. Sharing on Christian Missions Charitable Trust Work in India, Chennai by founder Dr Colleen Redit, Aaron Moses & Ezekiel.
Dr Colleen M Redit on self & CMCT Background
- Called at age 24 young girl followed an elderly missionary
- Started teaching 1 girl crafts & God’s Word in a garage
- Today 27 ministries, over 366 staff including 30 full time social workers who all meet together at chapel service every morning to worship God & study Bible together as one family
- Went by faith. Trust Him & see if it’s His will.
- Prayed for more space. Given 3 gifts equal exactly 10% down payment.
- Run primary & secondary school free for slum students; hospitals; 6 soup kitchens; leprosy rehabilitation program; wheelchair ministry (part of social ministry); street children ministry; orphanage; screen printing unit; industrial training institute; boys & girls rally (Young Christians brigade similar to guides/scouts)
- All ministries emphasis on teaching the Bible
- Haven of Hope handicraft center with crafts made by 95 girls/ladies (slums, abusive husbands, etc)
- Today, India facing challenge of churches persecuted; churches burnt down; Christian organisations persecuted
Aaron on Rainbow Ministry of Hope (HIV/AIDS ministry)
- 3m people in India with HIV (a major concern)
- People with HIV/AIDS have stigma, ostracized from society & even family rejection
- 300+ participants being helped in HIV/AIDS ministry
- CMCT provides food & nutrition as many live in poverty
Ezekiel on Bridge Gospel Church
- Started 4 years ago; At 2 locations; Bible-focused Ministry
- Reach local believers through medical ministry
- Recently 37 believers baptized & 4th baptism held
- Please pray for church & work
How can you help?
- Being a faith partner praying for God’s daily provision
- Sponsor a child/family (1600+ children)
- Support a soup kitchen
- Support a free Medical camp
- Support General needs of this ministry
- Short Term Mission to India (4-15 members; typically 10-15 days)
- More info: CMCT Website
- Q: Inquiry on Dr Colleen’s health?
A: Thank you for praying. Spinal surgery successful. Knee operation went well.
- Q: What opposition is faced?
A: The Lord’s covering has been on CMCT ministry. Have the trust of people. Especially tsunami village but able to share gospel. Difficult for foreign funding. Income tax very detailed questioning. A need to be very careful with forms & how staff goes out speak to people. Praise God no problems despite opposition.
- Q: How is the succession planning for CMCT?
A: Very good structure. 5 people on executive members working alongside & taking responsibility. All projects have heads & assistant heads. Board members around the world. Praying for successor.
- Q: HIV/AIDS medical cost very expensive especially drugs. How does CMCT cope?
A: Yes costs very expensive but actually India government providing free treatment. Patient must go to hospital monthly else medical staff will visit. CMCT provides free general medical treatment & helps support specialist doctors.
- Q: How is HIV transmitted in India?
A: 94% sexually transmitted. CMCT focuses on women & children as more vulnerable & high suicide rate. Often men away for ling & contract HIV sexually. Often don’t realize until woman is pregnant & test scans reveals.
- Q: Challenges & advice growing missions & ministries?
A: Keep eyes on the Lord. People will disappoint. Trust by faith. Must have very strong relationship with God. Seek His will. By faith.