Communication with God.
– God too busy for you?
Mark 8:1-3 (Jesus show care physical needs/hunger/feeding crowd although he is probably tired with teaching & traveling 3days)
– Too busy for God?
Matthew 6:25-33 (Worry eat/drink/wear… Do not worry – God knows you need them)
– We need to spend time daily with God. When we are busy, stressed out & have no time, that’s when we need to spend DOUBLE THE TIME with God.
Learn about spending quality time communicating with God.
Why God – Why does God want you to communicate with Him?
– God of relationships
– God talks directly with Abraham, Moses, etc
– He is our Father
– To love God & be loved
God wants you to love Him, honor Him & have regular communication with Him
Illustration (I): Dating tackle bf/gf or marriage keep relationship on fire. Gifts. Show love. Spend time. Most important to talk & communicate. To really know each other.
Application (A): How would you describe your personal relationship with God? Do you desire to know God a little bit better every day?
How God – How does God communicate with you?
– As the Father speaking to His child
– As the Word of God (the Bible) speaking to your heart
– As the Holy Spirit’s small soft voice guiding your thoughts & actions
God communicates with believers through His Word, prayer & people
I: Hungry? Feel like eating McD can eat in restaurant, drive thru, call delivery or order online. Likewise we have a gracious & accessible God.
A: How often do you spend time reading His Word? Do you worship, thank & talk with God throughout the day?
By God – What is God’s plan for you?
– (Genesis 1:28) Be fruitful & multiply
Not have a dozen children & ask your children to have dozen children (forming your own football team…)
Fruitful in showing & sharing fruits of the spirit
Multiply in sharing the gospel & being used by God to plant seeds in others
God created us to love God, obey God & enjoy His presence
– Come after Jesus – deny self, take up cross & follow Jesus (Mark 8:34)
Christian life not one of wealth & prosperity. Involves hard work, painful lessons & even persecution.
God’s plan is perfect
A: Will you stop trying to control own destiny? Will you seek to know His will & purpose for you? Only way is to know God & communicate with Him.
We have an amazing God!
– Only religion we call our God Abba Father
– Where He is omnipresently everywhere – even within you
– Where His Word speaks directly to us
– Your father is knocking the door. Won’t you speak with God more?